Holding Lawyers To The Standards Of Our Profession
Individuals admitted to practicing law in South Carolina are held to the highest standards of professional ethics, continuing education and integrity. Unfortunately, like any profession, some lawyers don't take their legal responsibilities as seriously as they should.
We are Hopkins Law Firm, LLC, in Pawleys Island. While we know that any professional can make a mistake, we also believe that law firms have a professional responsibility to make sure their clients receive prudent legal advice for their circumstances and vigorous representation for their litigation matter.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
When Attorneys Make Mistakes
While the large majority of lawyers know their skills and limitations, many run into trouble by taking on cases that are beyond their experience, knowledge or training. The more complicated the legal issue, the more common it is to see mistakes made, including:
- Deliberately accepting a case outside the scope of expertise
- Failure to seek co-counsel as the complexity of the case requires
- Breach of confidentiality
- Intentional misconduct to increase billable hours
- Misappropriation of retainer funds
- Fraudulent billing practices
- Missing a court filing deadline and required attendance
- Failure to communicate with the client
Contact Us — Representing Clients In Legal Malpractice Cases
Not every attorney's mistake is a case for negligence. Sometimes, malfeasance is a matter for the South Carolina Bar's Office of Disciplinary Counsel. You won't know until you meet with an experienced attorney. The team of legal professionals at Hopkins Law Firm, LLC has been holding lawyers and law firms to high professional standards for more than two decades. Call us at 843-314-4202 or schedule a free consultation with our attorney to review your case.